Mini-ZEPH Backyard Cottage
FEATURES: WATER CONSERVATION, ENERGY EFFICIENCY, INDOOR AIR QUALITY, MATERIALS EFFICIENCY, DESIGN INNOVATION, SOLAR POWER, ADVANCED BUILDING ENVELOPE, SMALL FOOTPRINT
CERTIFICATIONS: PASSIVE HOUSE
The mini-ZEPH Backyard Cottage follows the mini-B Bungalow that demonstrated Passive House construction at the Phinney Neighborhood Center in 2011. Just like the first mini Passive House built by the Wood Technology center in 2010, mini-ZEPH has offered high-performance carpentry training to students under the direction of Catie Chaplan and Rick Sever, Instructors in Carpentry at the Wood Technology Center. They did a remarkable job! the mini-ZEPH is inspiration of architect Joe Giampietro whose goal is to make affordable low-energy and zero-energy living more accessible.
Features that contribute to making small live big on a low budget:
1. Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) walls and roof with GPS foam for a robust envelope.
2. Airtight construction with Prosoco liquid applied joint sealer and SIGA Rissan 100 sheathing tape.
3. Weather Resistive Barrier (WRB) of VaproShield Reveal SA with LiquiFlash at window and door openings.
4. EUROtek triple-pane UPVC high-performance windows.
5. Zehnder ComfoAir 200 Heat Recovery Ventilator.
6. TPO roofing membrane by Versico Roofing Systems.
7. Domestic Hot Water supplied by Sanden CO2 Heat Pump.
Come see what is possible in a Backyard Cottage!