In addition to Entero Design and Mighty House Construction, the design and construction team, several professionals/manufacturers will also be on-site, including Silicon Energy (solar) and 4Evergreen Fabricators.
This 1961 home was in need of a complete kitchen remodel and the partnership between the homeowners, Mighty House Construction, and Entero Design was an exercise in kismet.
Seeking a low-impact remodel to add functionality and beauty to their home, the homeowners went to the Seattle Home Show in 2013. There they met Mighty House Construction, who was promoting their Madrona Bungalow project, designed by Entero Designs, which was about to be featured in the 2013 Green Home Tour.
The homeowners attended the tour, and fell in love with the kitchen remodel. It featured many of the same things they were looking to do in their own kitchen. Bringing things full circle, the homeowners hired Entero Designs and Mighty House Construction for the project and are now pleased to share their renovation with tour-goers.
Features of the kitchen include:
• Locally-produced Canyon Creek Cabinetry
• Low-VOC marmoleum flooring
• EcoTop Counters made from recycled compressed paper
• Built-in bamboo cutting board
• Recycled glass tile backsplash with tiles from Bedrock Industries
• Low-flow fixtures and Energy Star® appliances
• Better flow for entertaining with improved tie-in to dining area
• A “smart” re-circulating pump to reduce water consumption
• Solar panels
• and more!