Puget Sound Cooperative Credit Union (PSCCU) has been a great supporter of the NW Green Home Tour and the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild for many years. We are pleased to showcase them here, not only because of their enduring partnership with the Guild but also because of their longstanding commitment to the sustainable building field as a whole. Please take the time to read a little about PSCCU and learn how they contribute to our community.
"At Puget Sound Cooperative Credit Union (PSCCU) we’ve been serving the financial needs of our neighbors since 1934 with a variety of products and services. We have a great respect and commitment for our combined social, economic and environmental convictions and have built, and will continue to build our financial cooperative around these ideals.
Our number one priorities are:
- Our Members - our owners, the reason we exist and who we proudly serve
- Our Communities - from our members' neighborhoods to those with shared goals and ideals
- The Local Economy - areas where our members and partners live, work and play
- Sustainable Energy - serving the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs
- Job Creation - new opportunities for living wage green jobs within our shared communities
- The Environment - the natural world, especially as affected by human activity, that we focus our efforts to help protect and thrive
One of the ways we’re different is we’re one of the few financial institutions offer energy-efficiency / solar loans. Our Energy-Smart Loans improve housing stock, lower energy usage AND put people to work. Our deposits go towards supporting the environment, sustainability and YOUR local economy. That’s how PSCCU practices community and cooperation. Our solar program (to date) has helped over 2,600 Washingtonians become solar citizens, created living wage jobs, and these solar projects have put nearly $75 million back into our local economy which in turn will generate 6,100 Megawatts of electricity over their lifetime!"