Energy Efficiency, Indoor Air Quality, Materials Efficiency
An uninsulated drafty home with an old oil furnace is an energy efficiency contractor’s dream project. The Fitch residence highlights how standard upgrades can produce dramatic results. Featuring a comprehensive energy efficiency makeover that achieved an 81% reduction in energy use as well as modern kitchen makeover. Also see an in-process basement build-out with a behind-the-drywall look and a seismic upgrade and high performance wall insulation detail.
- Comprehensive electrical update to facilitate insulation
- Insulation- dense packed walls, R60 attic, dense packed garage ceiling, net-n-blown basement walls.
- Whole house air sealing
- High performance fiberglass window package
- Mitsubishi HyperHeat Multi-zone ductless heat pump
- GE GeoSpring Heat Pump Hot Water Tank
- Bosch Induction cooktop
- Seismic Retrofit
- Low VOC and durable finishes
- LED lighting upgrades
- WaterSense water conservation fixtures